The Academy of Our Lady of Peace has created a list of helpful resources for seniors as they prepare their college applications.
- Test Optional Colleges
- NACAC Statement on Test Optional Means Test Optional
- SAT Subject Test Requirements and Recommendations
College Planning Info
- List of Our Favorite Guides and Resources
- Senior College Planning Checklist
- Guide to Applying to Four Year Colleges
- UC Freshman Application Guide
- CSU Campus Match
- Common App Essay Tips
- California Community Colleges
- Gap Year information
College Essay Bootcamp Recordings
If you were unable to do our summer College Camp, still need to revise your essay(s), or need additional assistance with your essay, we highly recommend working through this free essay workshop hosted by Ethan Sawyer, the College Essay Guy.
Lists for Many College Application Topics
From essay tips, to refining your college list, to financial aid and podcasts, this spreadsheet is full of great advice.
Letters of Recommendation
- CSS Profile (used for many out-of-state & private schools)
- Cal-Grant Info
- NACAC Financial Aid Comparison Form
- Financial Aid Award letter explanation video
The general deadline for FAFSA is March 2. However, many colleges (particularly early action deadlines) require it to be submitted earlier. You must check the school's website for the correct deadline. FAFSA is free to fill out and free to send to schools.
CSS is required for some private and out-of-state schools. If it is required, the deadline varies. It does cost money to send. You must check the school's website for the correct deadline. It can be quite early for early action or priority deadline schools. Rule of Thumb: complete your financial aid applications at the same time your first college application is due and you won't risk missing deadlines for either.
Western Undergraduate Exchange (Reduced/In State Prices for Out-of-State Schools)
College Search Websites
Nursing Program information