Course Number: 408/409
Full Year; 10 Units
UC/CSU Approved: Laboratory Science area “D” requirement.
This course is a rigorous second-year biology class for students interested in human biology, medicine, and health-related professions. Students will explore the structure and function of all the organ systems of the human body and how they dynamically work together to sustain life. Diseases and disorders will be studied for each system. Participation in dissections is required for completion of this course. Extensive reading and study are required.
- Modified Mastering A&P with Pearson eText (1-year access) - For Marieb, Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology 12th Edition ©2018 ISBN: 9780134652351
- Textbook Purchasing Instructions
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase the textbook directly from the Pearson Website. Please follow these instructions for purchasing:
- Go to www.savvas.com/privateschools
- Enter the school zip code 92116
- Select Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- Use the drop-down menu to select your course
For each course, you will see two options listed. The more expensive option is for the print textbook + the e-textbook/digital courseware access. The less expensive option is for the e-textbook/digital courseware access only. Either option is fine and is up to the student’s preference.
Level of Difficulty:
Estimated Homework Per Class:
Completion of Biology
with a B or better.