Course Number: 436/437
Full Year; 10 Units
UC/CSU Approved: Laboratory Science area “D” requirement.
This course is designed as an algebra-based, introductory college-level course that explores topics limited to Newtonian mechanics, work, energy, and power; mechanical waves and sound, and introductory simple circuits. Students will develop scientific critical thinking and reasoning skills using inquiry-based investigations. Since the course requires a background in trigonometry, students will be required to complete a summer preparatory work packet.
See teacher first before buying text.
- Giancoli, Physics: Principles with Applications AP® Edition 7th Edition © 2014 with MasteringPhysics; ISBN-13: 978-0321869111 ISBN-10: 0321869117
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase the textbook from Savvas. Please follow these instructions for purchasing:
- Go to https://www.savvas.com/index.cfm?locator=PS1t3p
- Enter the school zip code 92116
- Select Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- Use the drop-down menu to select your course
For each course, you will see two options listed. The more expensive option is for the print textbook + the e-textbook/digital courseware access. The less expensive option is for the e-textbook/digital courseware access only. Either option is fine and is up to the student’s preference.
Level of Difficulty:
Estimated Homework Per Class:
Biology or Chemistry with an “A” OR Biology Honors or Chemistry Honors with a “B” or better AND
Algebra II AND
Completion of a summer preparatory work package over the summer.