Course Number: 404/405
Full Year; 10 Units
UC/CSU Approved: Laboratory Science area “D” requirement.
Biology Honors is a lab-oriented course designed to be an introduction to the science of life. Through lectures and lab experiences, the following topics are explored: biochemistry, evolution, genetics, ecology, cells, and an overview of all biological systems, with an emphasis on the biochemical processes. This course requires more critical thinking skills and independent work within groups. This class will prepare students for the SAT II exam in molecular biology.
- Campbell Biology Concepts and Connections; 10th Edition, 2021; Pearson. (with Modified Mastering Biology) ISBN-13: 9780136538882 (e-text + Mastering Biology)
- Textbook Purchasing Instructions
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase the textbook directly from the Pearson Website. Please follow these instructions for purchasing:
- Go to www.savvas.com/privateschools
- Enter the school zip code 92116
- Select Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- Use the drop-down menu to select your course
For the course, you will see two options listed. The more expensive option is for the print textbook + the e-textbook/digital courseware access. The less expensive option is for the e-textbook/digital courseware access only. Either option is fine and is up to the individual student’s preference.
Level of Difficulty:
Estimated Homework Per Class:
High School Placement Test for Frosh
Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better for all other students.