Course Number: 402/403
Full Year; 10 Units
UC/CSU Approved: Laboratory Science area “D” requirement.
Biology is a lab-oriented course designed to be an introduction to the science of life. Through experimentation and lectures, the following topics are explored: biochemistry, classification, evolution, genetics, ecology, cells, and an overview of biological systems. This class will prepare students for the SAT II exam in ecological biology.
- Biology Miller + Levine; Kenneth R. Miller and Joseph S. Levine; 2019 Student Edition
- ISBN: 9780328995059 (digital)
- ISBN: 9780328925124 (print)
- Textbook Purchasing Instructions
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase the textbook directly from the Pearson Website. Please follow these instructions for purchasing:
- Go to www.savvas.com/privateschools
- Enter the school zip code 92116
- Select Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- Use the drop-down menu to select your course
For each course, you will see two options listed. The more expensive option is for the print textbook + the e-textbook/digital courseware access. The less expensive option is for the e-textbook/digital courseware access only. Either option is fine and is up to the student’s preference.
If you are purchasing a digital text, please email a copy of the purchase to your teacher for access.
Level of Difficulty:
Estimated Homework Per Class:
High School Placement Test