Frosh Orientation & Parent Orientation Schedule
Wednesday, August 11, 2021 Schedule
Link Crew Orientation, Parent Orientation, Family Picnic, and Teacher Meet and Greet
Non-Uniform Dress (OLP Dress Code Guidelines)
No School Supplies or technology needed
8:00 am - 12:00 pm (Frosh Orientation)
Frosh students should arrive at OLP by 8:00 am and will be greeted by our Link Crew Leaders. Our Link Crew Orientation program will begin in the Holy Family Event Center. Link Crew leaders will be guiding our Frosh on a campus tour and facilitating community building experiences for our Class of 2025.
10:30 am - 12:00 pm (Parent Orientation)
We are equally excited to welcome parents of the Class of 2025 onto campus for the OLP Parent Orientation! Our official Parent Orientation will take place from 11:00 am- 12:00 pm in the OLP Holy Family Event Center. Parents may arrive as early as 10:30 am to enjoy coffee and pastries. Attendance at the Parent Orientation is not required, but at least one parent/guardian is encouraged to attend. Parking will be available both in the OLP parking structure and along surrounding streets. Parking is limited at and around OLP, and we ask our families to support our efforts in being good neighbors by being aware of residential driveways. Please do not block or park too close to driveways as you may be towed. RSVP here!
12:00 - 1:00 pm (Parent & Frosh Picnic)
Frosh students and parents will gather on North Terrace for a Frosh blessing and a picnic lunch. Faculty and Administrators will be joining and look forward to welcoming all to the OLP family!
1:00 - 2:00 pm (Tour Classes)
Frosh students and parents are invited to walk through their schedule of classes. Teachers will be available in their classrooms to meet families and our Link Crew leaders will be available to help Frosh find their classrooms. Students can access their class schedules via Blackbaud.
Thursday August 12, 2021
Picture Day, Frosh Class Meeting, and Tech Day
Formal Uniform (OLP Dress Code Guidelines)
Students are expected to bring their computer (charged) to this orientation session. For Bring Your Own Device specifications, please refer to our Back to School website.
7:30 - 8:45 am
Frosh students should report to Circle Drive to check-in and will then proceed to get their picture taken in Carondelet. Remember to bring your picture order form with payment. Please reference the list below to see when you should report to Circle Drive for your school photos.
Students with the last names that start with:
- A-H 7:30am
- I-Q 7:55am
- R-Z 8:15am
Before and after pictures, Frosh will be able to visit our technology team set up around Circle Drive. They will assist our Frosh in signing into their email account, Blackbaud, and MealTime accounts. Parents of all Frosh students received an email from Ms. Shiva Gholami, Director of Technology detailing access to student and/or parent Blackbaud, Gmail, and MealTime accounts. If you have any questions about accessing these accounts please contact [email protected]
9:00 - 10:00 am
After taking pictures, Frosh students will meet in the Holy Family Event Center for their first Class of 2025 Class Meeting. Frosh will review OLP basics and policies and learn the Alma Mater!
10:00 am- 12:00 pm
Following the Class of 2025 meeting, Frosh will attend two technology seminars focused on the policies, procedures, and learning expectations related to technology use at OLP. Snacks will be provided for students. Our technology team will be available to assist students throughout the day. Students will also have an opportunity to visit with representatives for Athletics, Campus Ministry, and Food Services. Please plan on picking up your daughter in front of the school at 12:00 pm.
Parent Social: Endless Summer, OLP BBQ Picnic on North Terrace
Friday, August 13, 2021: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
We invite all parents to join us for a festive evening of fellowship, socializing, and music on North Terrace as we welcome in the new 2021 school year with our annual Endless Summer celebration! Tickets are available online for those 21+. Endless Summer is an event open to all community members. Get your tickets today!
Make sure to purchase your course textbooks prior to the first day of school. Reference the Textbook webpage should you have any questions regarding the book purchasing process.
Also, remember that a current physician's physical is required for ALL frosh. Physicals that have taken place since June 1, 2021, are valid for the year. Students must have their OLP physical form submitted to OLP by the first day of school (the OLP physical form is available here). Should you have any questions prior to our Frosh Orientation Days, please contact the OLP Front Office at 619-297-2266.
Please note, in accordance with guidance issued by the San Diego County Office of Education, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American College of Cardiology, if your daughter has had a positive COVID-19 test, or was suspected to be COVID-19 positive in the past 90 days, prior to participation in any Physical Education class or Athletic activity, a student must have a doctor complete the following Medical Referral for Post COVID-19 Students. Completed forms can be emailed to OLP Nurse Greene at [email protected] or faxed to 619-821-8838.
OLP Non-Uniform Policy
Non-uniform attire should be in keeping with the academic nature of the classroom and should reflect good taste and appropriateness to a school setting. Non–uniform dress must meet the following standards:
- All clothing must be free from tears, cuts, and holes.
- Shirts must be long enough to cover the midriff.
- Backless dresses and shirts are not allowed.
- Shirts and dresses must be appropriate and should not be form-fitting.
- Shirts must cover shoulders (no spaghetti, strapless, or halter tops).
- Shoes must have a back and be close-toed. Heels larger than 2 inches are not permitted.
- Skirts and dresses must meet the length requirements for uniform skirts.
- Shorts are not appropriate on Non-Uniform dress days.
- Hats are not permitted inside school buildings.
Any item of clothing or accessories bearing initials, names, symbols or advertisements representing any organization that contrasts the mission of OLP or references and/or promotes drug or alcohol use is not considered appropriate school wear.
Mills Uniform has opened their Pop-Up Fitshop that will be open from July 17 - September 4, 2021. Visit their locations page for days open and hours. Families may also shop Mills Online Store. Please note that this pop-up location will be for try-ons only and will not carry sellable inventory – all orders must be shipped to your home.
COVID-19 Anticipated Protocols for 2021-2022 Start of School
OLP is committed to continue to meet and exceed State mandates for a safe school reopening. You can learn more on our Back to School 2021-2022 page about the newly released California Department of Public Health newly guidelines for K-12 schools. It includes the following multi-layered prevention strategies to ensure a healthy and safe in-person learning environment for all:
- Face Coverings: All students will be required to wear face coverings indoors. Adults are required to wear face coverings when sharing indoor spaces with students. Face coverings are optional outdoors.
- Physical Distancing: OLP will adhere to applicable physical distancing guidelines for indoor academic classes.
- Ventilation: OLP ventilation of indoor environments, and ventilation and filtration to reduce long-range airborne transmission of COVID-19 and other respiratory infections is consistent with the CDPH and CAL/OSHA recommendations.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations: The CDPH, CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics state that the COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended for all eligible people in California, including teachers, staff, students, and adults sharing homes with members of K-12 schools. OLP encourages all students and their families to consult with their primary care physician regarding getting the COVID-19 vaccination. Parents can opt to include student’s COVID-19 vaccination information on their confidential return to school Blackbaud forms, and present a hard copy to Nurse Greene for verification on picture day. A verified COVID-19 vaccination, according to the SDCOE Decision Tree, meets current immunity status.
- Staying Home when Sick & Getting Tested: All students should stay home if showing symptoms of COVID-19 and get tested, and not return to campus until they have met the SDCOE Decision Tree criteria for returning to school.
- Screening Testing: OLP will provide testing for symptomatic students, and will continue to meet COVID-19 screening testing requirements set by the COVID-19 Testing Task Force and the CDC testing guidance for K-12 schools.
- Case Reporting, Contact Tracing, & Investigations: Under AB 86, all schools must comply with COVID-19 reporting requirements. OLP will continue to work closely with Epidemiology, SDCOE and the CDPH for case reporting, contact tracing and investigations spearheaded through the office of OLP Nurse Greene. All positive COVID-19 student cases should be reported directly to Nurse Greene as soon as possible.
- Quarantine & Isolation: OLP will follow the SDCOE Decision Tree for the most current local guidance for quarantine, isolation, and return to school.
- Hand Hygiene: hand sanitization stations remain outside every classroom, the entry to all buildings and in common areas to promote healthy hygiene behaviors. Ongoing training will be provided throughout the year for all community members.
- Cleaning: School classrooms and buildings will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day, and routinely deep cleaned in accordance with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency COVID-19 product list.
- Food Service: Food service will resume in Pilot Cafe and Common Grounds, following all recommendations for food handlers.
On-campus morning health screenings, designated entry points, outdoor mask mandates, plexiglass desk screens, and 6 feet physical distancing, will no longer be in place as we begin the 2021-2022 academic year. OLP will continue to monitor the CDPH, CDC and SDCOE as they provide ongoing updates and recommendations.
Parent Social: Endless Summer, OLP BBQ Picnic on North Terrace
Join Us Friday, August 13, 2021 from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We invite all parents to join us for a festive evening of fellowship, social, and music on North Terrace as we welcome in the new 2021 school year with our annual Endless Summer celebration! Tickets are available online for those 21+. Endless Summer is an event open to all community members. Get your tickets today!
Student’s California Immunization Record card (blue) is due July 15, 2021.
If your daughter attends one of the Catholic elementary schools in the diocese, they will send us her blue immunization card. There is no need for you to also send it.
Students Admitted at Ages 7-17 Years Need These Immunizations:
- Diphtheria,Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, DT, Tdap, or Td)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if last dose was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Polio (OPV or IPV)—4 doses
- (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)—1 dose
- (2 doses required at 7th grade)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- (Admission at ages 7-12 years need 1 dose; ages 13-17 years need 2 doses)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria,and Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose at 7th grade or out-of-state transfer admission at 8th–12th grades
- (1 dose on or after the 7th birthday)
Personal Beliefs Exemptions Ending
In the new law on immunization requirements, are religious beliefs distinguished from other personal beliefs?
No distinction is made between exemptions based on religious beliefs and other personal beliefs. Starting in 2016, exemptions for religious or other personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.
Will personal beliefs exemptions filed during or after 2016 be valid?
No. Starting in 2016, personal beliefs exemptions will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California.
Cheer and Dance Informational Meeting for 2021-2022 Season
There will be an online OLP Cheer and OLP Dance Team Informational Meeting for all student-athletes and their parents/guardians who are interested in next year’s Cheer/Dance programs. We will discuss registration, commitment, tryouts, cost, and selection process. The meeting will take place via zoom Thursday April 29, 2021 at 6:30 pm. Please register for the Zoom meeting here and you will receive the link to join the meeting.