Important Reminders for Baccalaureate and Commencement
On May 26, 2022 at 4:00 pm for the Class of 2022
- Graduate attire is expected to be white or off-white under their graduation robe. Be sure to steam/iron the graduation robe prior to wearing as it will be wrinkled.
- Dress shoes should be white, off white, or nude in color. Remember to wear shoes that will support how much walking will be required throughout the event on Thursday.
- The Graduate Cap may be decorated to celebrate something unique about you and your OLP journey. Please make sure decorations are flat on the cap and are in alignment with our mission as a Catholic, CSJ school.
- Over the Graduation Gown, only school-sponsored honor cords, medals, stoles, and a lei from OLP are allowed.
GRADUATES DAY-OF GRADUATION PROTOCOLS AND REMINDERS
- Graduates should arrive dressed in regalia no later than 2:45 pm and enter through the double green doors near the student library. (Graduates only through this entrance)
- Elementary School Group Photos will be taken on upper plaza from 3:00pm-3:30pm. Graduates will have this schedule and instructions sent to them via email. We will not be able to hold any photos for those running late.
- Attendance will be called promptly at 3:30 pm at which time you will begin lining up. Graduates will stay in their assigned classroom until the announcement is made to line up outside.
- Belongings such as your phone, purse or other personal items will be left in the classroom you are assigned to during the graduation ceremony.
- On stage, after you receive your diploma from Mr. González, you will pause for a photo on center stage with Dr. Lek. Then, you will pause stage left for a professional individual photograph (Circle Drive side).
- Following graduation, students will process to their assigned classrooms in Navarra Hall to retrieve their belongings.
Graduation Logistics for All Guests and Attendees
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
The OLP Parking Structure off Copley Avenue will have limited ADA spots, with proof of a handicap placard.
As parking around campus in the neighborhood is limited, guests are urged to use off site parking or a transportation service such as Uber or Lyft. There will be shuttles transporting guests from our offsite parking at Westfield Mission Valley (1760 Camino Del Rio North, near Bank of America) from 2:30 - 7:30 pm. Look for the Royal Lines Charters shuttle.
Parking is provided at Westfield Mission Valley near the Broken Yolk Restaurant. Please remember graduates must be present no later than 3:00PM and should be fully dressed in their regalia.
Circle Drive Entry will open for guest check-in at 3:00PM. Guests should have their wristband on when they enter the line. Wristbands are required for entry.
All guest tickets/wristbands will be issued to graduating seniors on Monday, May 23rd at graduation practice. Students who have not fulfilled their financial obligations through the Finance Office will need to have obligations cleared prior to receiving their tickets. All guest attendees will be entering through the Green Gates off Circle Drive (at the corner of Oregon and Copley Avenue). Wristbands must be worn for entry and will be checked by security. No replacement wristbands will be available.
ADDITIONAL EVENT DETAILS
Attendees will be asked not to stand during the ceremony, but remain in their chosen seats. Out of respect for our graduates, please avoid bringing any artificial noise makers, large signs, or balloons as these items will be confiscated at the entrance and held in a safe place for you to pick up as you exit.
- August 12: Class Meeting and School Picture
- September 24: Homecoming
- January 4-7: Retreat Week
- March 31: Carry the Flame Ceremony
- May 13: Community Day--Mass on the Grass
- May 14: Grad Nite
- May 19: Evening of Excellence
- May 20: Senior Farewell Assembly
- May 23 and May 24: Graduation Rehearsal
- May 25: Baccalaureate Mass
- May 26: Class of 2022 Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony
More events and details coming soon!