Win an exclusive opportunity for a one-on-one meeting with one of the following phenomenal women leaders from this year’s Women’s Symposium panels.
- Enjoy a private lunch with Marcela Valladolid ‘96, chef, author and co-Host of the Food Network television series, The Kitchen.
- Spend a day in Los Angeles with Brenda Chapman, writer, animation story artist and director who worked on films including Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. She will share her experience with working on Prince of Egypt at DreamWorks Animation Studios and Brave at Pixar Animation Studios. Winner must provide own transportation.
- Visit San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC), UC-San Diego with Ilkay Altintas, Chief Data Science Officer. Learn what happens behind-the-scenes at SDSC, the leader in data-intensive computing and cyberinfrastructure.
- Visit the Barney & Barney office in La Jolla with Michele Comtois, Principal of Executive Liability Practice. Learn what happens behind-the-scenes at one of the nation’s leading insurance brokerages.
- Spend a half-day with Felena Hanson, Founder at Hera Hub: Collaborative Workspace for Women at one of the Hera Hub San Diego Locations.
- Get inspired by this successful entrepreneur and learn what happens behind-the-scenes at the spa-inspired shared workspace and community for female entrepreneurs.
- Enjoy a private lunch with Katia Hodoyan-Lopez ‘98, award-winning bilingual journalist, currently working for NBC 7 San Diego.
- Spend a day in Tijuana shadowing Dr. Priscilla Ibarra ’98, renowned dermatologist and OLP alumna. Winner must provide own transportation.
How to Win in 5 Steps:
STEP 1: Create a LinkedIn Profile
STEP 2: Connect with Dr. Lauren Lek, Mrs. Jessica Hooper, Mrs. Alexis Rodriguez and at least two other OLP faculty or staff.
STEP 3: Connect with at least one speaker from each of the Women’s Symposium Panels: Arts & Entertainment; Business & Entrepreneurship; Healthcare; STEM. The full list of panelists can be found here.
STEP 4: Select which Exclusive Opportunity/Opportunities you are interested in and write a paragraph about why you should be chosen for it.
STEP 5: Email Mrs. Alexis Rodriguez at [email protected] to submit your paragraph and to let her know that you have completed all of the steps to enter the contest.
The contestants will be judged on their LinkedIn profiles and the writing assignment. There will be one winner for each of the Exclusive Opportunities.
All steps must be completed by March 28, 2017.
Winners will be announced at the Women’s Symposium!