Sisters and Scholars is a program at the Academy of Our Lady of Peace that gives support and accommodations to girls with a variety of different Learning Disabilities including:
- Dyslexia (reading-based)
- Dyscalculia (math-based)
- Central Auditory Process Disorder
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders
- Visual Processing Disorder
- Other Health Impaired (including ADHD and medical problems as they impact learning)
To qualify for Sisters and Scholars:
- Please provide documentation about the learning disability. You will need to provide the school with recent psycho-educational testing and/or an IEP/ISP that states the diagnosis and the recommended accommodations. The testing will be necessary for accommodations on the SAT, ACT, and AP exam as well as eventual accommodations at the college level.
- The College Board website lists tests that can be used to document a need for accommodations due to a learning disability.
- When a student has a documented Learning Disability, the Learning Coordinator at OLP will create an Academic Support Plan for the student that includes reasonable accommodations that we can provide at OLP. The student’s teachers, assistant principal, counselor, and parents will receive copies of the Academic Support Plan.
For more information, contact our Learning Coordinator Arielle Lugn at [email protected] or 619 725-9163