OLP Homecoming Dance 2021
Get your tickets for the OLP Homecoming Dance on Saturday, September 25, 2021! The dance will be held on the Academy of Our Lady of Peace campus. Check in begins at 6:30 pm. Doors close from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. The dance ends promptly at 9:30 pm.
Ticket sales have closed for this event.
Parking: Parking will be first come, first serve in the parking structure. Once the structure is full, students are able to park on surrounding streets. If you park around campus, we ask you to support our efforts in being good neighbors by being aware of residential driveways. Please do not block or park too close to driveways: you will be towed.
IMPORTANT: We will not release any student to a person other than the student’s parent/guardian if they are requesting a pick up earlier than when doors officially re-open.
COVID Testing Requirements: In order to provide a safe Homecoming experience, all attendees are required to turn in a negative COVID test in order to attend the dance. The test must be taken no earlier than September 22. Students and guests will show their negative COVID results upon entry. OLP students may use their results from weekly school testing. The following types of COVID tests will be accepted as valid: PCR, Rapid PCR (Molecular), or Antigen. A negative test is required regardless of vaccination status.
Important Information about Tickets:
- Tickets are non-transferable
- All OLP students must submit a dance agreement form (must be logged in to your OLP account to view) prior to purchasing a ticket.
- OLP students planning on bringing a guest, must print, complete, and submit an off-campus guest application to Mrs. Knoll no later than 3:00 pm on September 10.
Off Campus Guest Information:
Off-Campus Guests must complete the Off-Campus Guest application with the OLP Student they are attending the dance with.
- A guest must be approved before dance tickets can be purchased.
- Tickets purchased for an off-campus guest prior to approval may be denied entry and no refund given.
- Please be sure to follow the instructions carefully to expedite the process.
|**OFF-CAMPUS GUEST DANCE APPLICATIONS must be completed in its entirety and returned to Mrs. Knoll by Friday, September 10, 2021|
Dress Code: It is VERY important to review the dress code guidelines prior to attending the dance. Attire that is inappropriate for the occasion or deviates from modesty in the judgment of a school administrator may result in being denied admission and/or a Saturday detention will be issued.
Attending a Catholic school dance is optional. Attire must represent the modesty acceptable for a Catholic school dance. Guidelines will be strictly enforced.
Homecoming is a Semi-Formal event. Attire that is inappropriate for the occasion or deviates from modesty in the judgment of a school administrator may result in being denied admission and/or a Saturday detention will be issued. Attire must represent the modesty acceptable for a Catholic school dance.
Each year, the most difficult task for administrators is the determination of modesty for students at school dances. Traditional interpretations are often at odds with fashion and cultural trends. Modesty is admittedly a subjective interpretation, but one which we have a duty to uphold. Students should therefore err on the side of modesty and formality and not put school administrators in the difficult position of upholding school standards. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and respect of the school dance rules.
Young Women: a tasteful, elegant dress, jumpsuit, or pant suit for a Catholic school dance is required. Dresses may not be shorter than 4 inches above the knee. This includes any slit.
- Attire that is too revealing, are skin tight or form-fitting, expose the midriff or cleavage, or is too short in length is not appropriate. Attire may not be backless (below the elbow), may not be see-through or have cut-outs. Please be modest with sheer material. A sheer layer that reveals more than 4 inches above the knee or a low cut neckline is not acceptable for a Catholic high school dance. If you purchase a dress with a slit that does not meet those guidelines, you will need to have the slit sewn. Covering a cut-out with fabric will not suffice unless that fabric is permanently sewn into the dress.
- Attire must not be low cut in the front. Be especially careful with halter-style clothing.
- Attire must have straps.
- Attire must meet OLP requirements without the use of cover-ups (shawls, jackets, sweaters, etc).
Young Men: are required to wear a long sleeve, button up, collared shirt with a regular tie or bow tie. They must wear dress pants (no jeans) with belt or suspenders and a vest, sport coat, suit, or formal sweater. They must wear dress shoes. Shirts should remain tucked in for the duration of the event.
IMPORTANT: Students/and or their guests who are dressed inappropriately (which is determined at the discretion of the administrator/teacher at the event) will be denied admission without a refund and/or may receive a Saturday detention.
If you have questions about the appropriateness of your attire, please speak with Mrs. Knoll, Assistant Principal or Mrs. Flannery, Student Activities Director.
Download: OLP Attire Information
Note: You must be logged in to your OLP account to view the dance agreement form, off-campus dance application, and OLP attire information.