The Guidance & Counseling Department serves OLP students by providing college, academic and personal support on an individual and group basis. All four counselors are available throughout the school day, offering assistance to students, their families and their teachers. It is our mission to serve each one of our student’s academic, personal, and college needs.
Your daughter will participate in a variety of grade appropriate workshops during her four years at OLP. These workshops are designed to prepare her for the college planning and application processes.
Emotional Support Resources for Children, Youth, and Parents
In partnership with Gov. Newsom, Parents Anonymous® Inc. recently launched the California Parent & Youth Helpline and Online Parents Anonymous® Support Groups in response to COVID-19 to provide free trauma-informed, evidenced-based emotional support to parents, children, and youth in any language via calls, text, live chat, and email. Parent support groups are held in English and Spanish.
Upcoming Events/Important dates to know
Coffee with Counselors
What is Coffee with Counselors?
It is a monthly meeting open to all parents in order to meet with OLP’s counseling team to discuss important issues and take a look at specific topics on college, academics, and social emotional wellness throughout the school year.
When is Coffee with Counselors?
CWC happens once a month. Our first meeting in September will include another opportunity to meet your daughter’s assigned counselor and will have a focus on Freshman students and their 4 year journey at OLP.
Upcoming Meeting Topics:
September 7, 8:00 am - Introductory Gathering
October: Seniors - Navigating All Things College
November: Juniors & What to Expect in Spring Semester, Preparing for College
January: Course Advisement Information
- LOR 1 due September 1 for applications due on/before November 30th
- LOR 2 deadline November 1st
- UC/CSU App Workshop for Seniors - In October look for annoucements!
- Common App workshop September 20th during G Block
- Air Force ROTC Virtual Program Webinar video: Zoom recording For more information or to contact SDSU's AFROTC, please fill out this Google Form
- Navy Academy Webinar video: Zoom recording
- UC/CSU Application Workshop video: Zoom recording & Powerpoint
- Common App webinar video: Zoom Recording & Powerpoint
- UC PIQ workshop resources: Video link & for UCSD rep information/appointments click here
- Suicide Prevention 101 for Parents: Recognizing Signs and What to Do
- Travel the world with Les Roches, Glion & Ecole Ducasse presentation
Student Last Names A-D
Student Last Names A-D
Student Last Names E-K
Student Last Names L-P
Student Last Names Q-Z
Sisters and Scholars
Every freshman meets with their counselor at the beginning of the year to develop a four-year academic plan.
Study Skills Seminars
Freshmen participate in study skills seminars to learn effective techniques that will set them up for academic success.
Sisters & Scholars
Students with documented learning differences can apply for our Sisters & Scholars Program, which allows accommodations that are tailored to each student. For more information, contact counselor Arielle Lugn at [email protected]
College & Career Counseling
College Planning Workshops
- Grade Level College Workshops
- Interest Exploration
- Summer Enrichment Panel
- Personality & Career Assessment
- CSU Mentor Program
- Selective College Admission
- Recruited Athlete Workshop
- Advice Panels
- College Visit Workshop
- College Values
College Application Preparation
- College Essay Writing
- UC/Cal State Application Workshop
- Common Application Workshop
- Community College Planning
- Resume Writing
- Letter of Recommendation Workshop
- Parent Financial Aid Night
- Scholarship Workshops
- SAT Preparation (through the Princeton Review)
- Pre ACT Test (optional)
- Proctored Exams: PSAT, PLAN, AP
- College Fair
- College Night
- College Advice Panel
- Transitions Beyond High School Workshop
- Senior Challenges & Transition Workshop
- Alumnae Panel
- Stress Management Workshop
- Career Symposium
- Junior Ambassadors